Meet The Team
Dr. Victoria Timchenko
Senior Lecturer, School of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering, UNSW Sydney. Published over 160 papers, which were cited more than 1,500 times. Supervised to completion 31 HDR students (28 PhD, 1 MPhil and 2 Master students). Dr Timchenko was invited to and actively participated in national and international projects. She represents Australia in various international bodies including the Scientific Council of International Centre of Heat and Mass Transfer and Scientific Council in Asian Union of Thermal Science and Engineering (AUTSE).
* Computational fluid dynamicsEnhancement of Heat transfer
* Micro electro-mechanical systems
* Hyperthermia and nanoparticle transport for biomedical applications
Dr. Jonathan Shemesh
Founder and CEO
Completed his Post-Doc at the School of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering, UNSW Sydney. Did his M.Sc. in Physics and Ph.D. Nanoscience and Nanotechnology both at the Technion, Israel’s leading Institute of Technology.
* Research areas: nanoscience and nanotechnology, miniaturization, microfluidic devices, single-cell analysis, optics.
* Inventor of four miniaturized microfluidic platforms for chemical and biological applications.
* Top four of his first-author publications were cited over 120 times, with an average impact factor of 6.7.
Irad Dor, B.Sc. , MBA
Venture Partner at Eight Roads
* Experience: Venture Capital, Innovation, Business Development, International and Cross-Cultural Business, Product Management, Technology Strategy, Mobile, Cloud Computing.
* Established SingTel’s (Singapore’s largest listed company) Innovation Center. Facilitated dozens commercial agreements between SingTel group and Israeli start-ups across a wide spectrum of verticals.
* MBA, London Business School.
* Dual B.Sc. Electronic Engineering + Computer Science.
Dr. Noa Bar-Tov
Working at the Israeli Defense Force (IDF) in a frontline military base where she serves as a primary care physician of hundreds of soldiers, treating injuries, chronic health problems, routine check-ups, and supervises the rest of the medical staff.
* Worked in Efrat Emergency Center (EMC) in Israel for 2.5 years where she treated patients of all ages, at different conditions and degrees of severity.
* Completed her M.D. in Tel-Aviv University, Israel. She wrote her thesis in the field of palliative care for conchology patients, researching the effect of the sedative pharmacologic combination of Ketamine Morphine and Midazolam on quality of the final days in the terminally-ill cancer patients.
* Dr. Bar-Tov’s fields of interest are functional medicine and nutrition.
Fergus Brain, B.Sc., FCA
Accountant and Tax Agent
Chartered Accountant and Registered Tax Agent and founding partner of Brain Partners Australia.
* Experience in Financial Services, Logistics, Engineering and Technology in both Australia and the UK.
* B.Sc. Agriculture, The University of Edinburgh